Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Final Weekend

So this being the last weekend, the USAC kids are gonna be ragin'.


Normally, the USAC kids go to bars on weekends. The people who stay out REALLY late (like 4 or 5am) go to a club at 3 or so. But, imagine it like this metaphor: The bars are like dinner, and the club is like dessert. People only get the dessert if they are in the mood, and it is only a once in a while thing, not every night like dinner is.

It's Alex I's bday this weekend, so she plans to hit up La Rotunda, Bataplan and Espala (the three big clubs that they go to occasionally) on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night, respectively.

Um, three nights of clubs? Her and her group that go with her are gonna have a sugar coma after eating dessert three nights straight.



Also, I wanted to go to Biarritz this weekend since I didn't have a chance last weekend. Unfortunately (but what could I expect) the weather is RAINY. Oh wow, San Sebastian, thank you for gracing us with a Tuesday and Wednesday with sun, and Wednesday being a two-fer with sun AND a high temperature of 72! THANK YOU. But of course, I know how much it strained you and you now have to revert back to clouds again for another two week period, which includes my final days here. But THANK YOU. Seriously. For those ENTIRE 3 days this entire four month semester that were above 70 degrees? Thanks. I know it was SO HARD.

But anyways. Today's weather was fog and clouds. And tomorrow is rain! And the next day is rain! And the next, and the next. But then Tuesday it changes it up with RAIN. Oh, and all these days are an awesome 50 or so degrees, and probably windy, too! So just fantastic weather for the final list of stuff I have to do:

-Take a day trip to Biarritz, France (Right over the border)
-Go to Irun's (neighboring city) Cider festival Saturday night
-Go to Herri Urrats festival Sunday
-hike to Jesus (statue, that is. If you need a visual...

(it's the lit up thing way up high)

-hike to the mountain with ruins of something

(that's Megan H up there, and her and a few other people went here, I saw pics, and now I wanna go!)

-eat Chocolate con churros (hot chocolate with CHURROS.)
-eat at the beach restaurant "La Perla" and grab a burger there
-rollerblade around Jesus Mountain
-I was gonna surf, because I know I can (remember that time I was in the Hawaii surf magazine? I have copies if you want me to send you one), but with two surfable days this entire semester, looks like that's a negative.
-finish editing spring break vid. Also...BEGIN to edit spring break vid.
-buy last minute souvenirs.

Oh, and study for all my finals, since they are all on the same day, MONDAY.
But at least that gives me tuesday and wednesday to finish my "list."


Some updates about today:

--since I am getting to the end here, I wanted to wear the clothes I haven't worn yet. That includes a shirt-dress I bought this past week. I wore it with tights b/c it was slightly chilly today, and it's a good thing, because I just took them off and remembered that I put like a dozen bandaids on my feet so I could protect them from my shoes giving me blisters. Seriously, I am glad I had tights to cover up my bandaged toes or people would ask me if I fed my feet to the sharks or something.

--My host parents were telling me that if I were ever out with friends, and they were to get drunk to the point that they couldn't stand and stuff, that there is a 24 hour emergency place near the boulevard that administers shots of B12 to people who are super drunk and it wakes them up or alerts them or something. I have never heard of this! The way my host dad described it, he made it sound like it just magically made you better after one injection! Which makes me wonder if it is real.

--Tomorrow I plan to give my host parents and host sister my parents' present for them. I also hope to video tape it, if it isn't too awkward. That way you can see how they react to a gift of Loyola apparel, Frango mints, Hershey's, and BBQ sauce.

--I took note of this today: since I began this trip I was on page 295 of Harry Potter book five, and now I am on...PAGE 295 of Harry Potter five. Isn't that amazing, how time sure flew.

No comments:

Post a Comment