Monday, February 2, 2009

Today is a Good Day

Today when I woke up, I somehow felt like death (maybe it was the semi-cold I have? Or maybe the fact that I went to bed at 3am...and had to wake up at 9:30?) But, I think the day really turned around when I stepped out of the house this morning.





  • As I crossed the street to catch the bus to class, it was just rounding the corner. I ran for a block to the stop and ACTUALLY CAUGHT IT! Normally efforts that require physical activity are unrewarding to me, but alas!


  • Spanish Track today had a quiz, but after it we had a chance to self-grade to get a rough idea of what we would get on the test. of the 100 sentences that had 2 blanks to fill for each, I only got 4 fill-ins wrong! That's gonna be an A on my first test in Spain!



  • We got to watch a movie after our test!



  • After my Track Class, I got out just in time to walk across the street and Angela, Natalia, Ana and I waited only 30 seconds until the bus came.



  • Back in El Centro, I was able to get cash to pay the month's rent, and therefore didn't have to make an extra trip. PS: Carrying a wad of 400 euros is very intimidating and you become extra cautious of people...



  • I briefly went shopping with Angela, and I got a small over the shoulder purse for going out. It is purple and adorable! And it was on REBAJAS (sale) for 5.99 euros.



  • The aforementioned purse, at the register, rang up to be only 3.99 euros!!!







  • By the time we left the store, siesta was over and the pharmacy was open so I had a chance to stop by there and get another task done: buying cold medicine. (more about this excursion later!)



  • The woman at the pharmacy said my Spanish was great.



  • Today was beautiful weather, a solid 58 degrees or so, and while it was cloudy, it was not very windy and much nicer compared to days past. Also, I got home with perfect timing, because 10 minutes after I stepped foot in the house, it rained! But I just missed it!



  • When I got home, I was able to enjoy a lovely snack of Tostadas and Nutella, but the Tostadas are NOT Mexican tostadas...they are more like the things Bruschetta is served on here in the US. This is what Spanish tostadas look like, they are crispy like crackers:





  • I had a chance to update my blog!


  • I have very little homework!

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, keep it coming. Your writing is excellent!

    ReplyDelete