Thursday, March 12, 2009

My day today

A day in the life of me, today.

-Wake up at 11am. Feel too lazy to get up. Set alarm for 11:30.

-Wake back up at 11:29, shut off alarm before it goes off. Turn on computer.

-Brush teeth, get dressed, check weather online.

-Eat breakfast, consisting of a nearly-brown banana spread with Nutella and oatmeal and brown sugar for the first time in at least 2 months(YES, I finally found granular brown sugar and not cubes!)

-Read email and fiddle on computer until 1pm

-Walk to school. Sweat more than humanly possible while wearing only a long sleeve shirt in 58 degree F weather.

-Get to UPV (Universidad del Pais Vasco) 20 minutes early.

-Chat with Cecilia about where to buy Rollerblades. Get new map since old one is nearly unreadable.

-Go to bathroom and finally remove backpack. Observe enormous and embarrassing sweat stain on upper back. Find salvation in being able to cover it with my long hair.

-Go to Grammar class, listen to unconventional lecture on Spanish Civil War. Get RyanAir receipts to get refund on unnecessary fees from Barcelona trip from Natalia.

-Listen to Cecilia get frustrated with the fact that RyanAir overcharged us for what she believes to be no reason at all.

-Ask Cecilia if previous students have gone to DisneyLand Paris before. It's a negative.

-Run into Tiffany, Jill, and Kelly in bathroom, discuss Spring Break plans. Conclude that I still have zero plans for an entire 2 week period, and discover that no one will be around San Sebastion.

-Walk partway home, stop to eat some packed Nutella/Peanut Butter covered crackers and apple juice in park with fountain while sitting near a Spaniard Charles Manson lookalike who asks me if I have rolling papers, then stares at me while I do homework for 45 minutes.

-Walk through Queen's summer home and gardens on the way home, passing by a group of students doing a clothing photo shoot. Realize that they probably aren't students.

-Get rejected by an ATM that tells me I have gone over my withdrawl limit. Get rejected again. And again. And just once more for luck, again.

-Get accepted by different ATM, but only for withdrawing 1/3 of original intended amount. Stuff excess cash in shirt for extra safety.

-Walk to Gros to find second hand shop. Realize directions to shop either fell out of back pocket or were stolen by someone who thought it was bank related by my world ATM tour.

-Find second hand store. Ask man if he has "patillas." Get corrected by man, ask for "patines." Realize that I asked the man for sideburns.

-Purchase used rollerblades for 29 euros. Put on rollerblades and ride home. Nearly fall over on bumpy "blind-person notifier" concrete by stoplights. Along way, realize why not many people rollerblade on the tiled pedestrian walkways: it feels like a minor epileptic seizure without shock absorption.

-Roll along smooth bike paths. Realize I won't have to chip my teeth after all. But I will have to sweat profusely.

-Get to apartment in 1/839475 the amount of time that it would take to walk.

-Get to apartment, tell host parents I bought sideburns (patillas). No, shoes with knees (zapatos con rodillas). No, skates.

-Take much-needed shower.

-Rock out to some Lily Allen and KC and the Sunshine Band while writing a blog entry...

1 comment:

  1. "Along way, realize why not many people rollerblade on the tiled pedestrian walkways: it feels like a minor epileptic seizure without shock absorption."

    Yeah, I legitimately laughed out loud. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete